CA Foundation Syllabus 2021
Detailed Syllabus CA Foundation Paper 1,2,3,4
Ca Foundation Syllabus 2021: Institute of Chartered Accountant of India has released the CA Foundation Syllabus. Candidates who want to appear for the exam must follow the official syllabus for the upcoming CA Foundation exam. This exam is conducted for students who have passed or going to appear for Class 12 board exam this year in order to pursue a career as a Chartered Accountant.
CA Foundation exam consists of four papers. Once the candidates clear the CA Foundation exam, candidates have to further undergo various courses and exams to successfully become a Chartered Accountant. At this moment, aspirants do not have to worry about that and need to focus on their preparation for CA Foundation exam. They need to know the CA Foundation Syllabus and Exam Pattern to start their journey towards becoming a Chartered Accountant.You can also download the syllabus in PDF.Detailed Syllabus CA Foundation Paper 1,2,3,4 are listed below.
CA Foundation Syllabus 2021
- CA Foundation exam has four papers.
- Every paper carries a maximum of 100 marks and the time duration is 3 hours for each paper.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be of subjective type and Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be of objective type.
- The objective type of questions will be have negative marking for wrong answers. 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers to pass the CA foundation exam.
- CA Foundation exam is an offline exam and conducted twice a year. The question paper will be either in English or Hindi languages.
CA Foundation Course Syllabus 2021:Detailed Syllabus CA Foundation Paper 1,2,3,4
The papers in CA Foundation course are as follows:
Paper 1: Principles And Practice Of Accounting
Paper 2: Business Laws And Business Correspondence
a) Business Laws
b) Business Correspondence And Reporting
Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And Statistics
a) Business Mathematics
b) Logical Reasoning
Paper 4: Business Economics And Business & Commercial Knowledge
a) Business Economics
b) Business and Commercial Knowledge
CA Foundation Syllabus For Paper 1 (Principles And Practice Of Accounting)-Detailed Syllabus CA Foundation Paper 1,2,3,4
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Concept of Accounting of Depreciation
- Accounting for Special Transaction
- Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
- Partnership Accounts
- Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organization
- Introduction to Company Accounts
- Basic Accounting ratios (Profitability, solvency, liquidity and turnover)
CA Foundation Syllabus For Paper 2 (Business Laws And Business Correspondence & Reporting)-Detailed Syllabus CA Foundation Paper 1,2,3,4
Section A: Business Laws (60 Marks)
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- The Indian partnership act, 1932
- The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- The Companies Act, 2013
Section B: Business Correspondence And Reporting (40 Marks)
Part I : Communication
Part II: Sentence Types and Word Power
- Sentence Type
- Vocabulary Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes, Phrasal verbs, Collocations and Idioms.
Part III: Comprehensive Passages and Note-Making
- Comprehension Passages
- Note Making
Part IV: Developing Writing Skills
- Introduction to Basic Writing
- Precis Writing
- Article Writing
- Report Writing
- Writing Formal Letters
- Writing Formal Mails
- Resume Writing
CA Foundation Syllabus For Paper 3 (Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And Statistics-Detailed Syllabus CA Foundation Paper 1,2,3,4
Part A: Business Mathematics (40 Marks)
- Ratio and Proportions, Indices and Logarithms
- Equations and Matrices
- Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization with respect to Objective Function
- Time Value of Money
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Basic Application of Differential and Integral Calculus.
Part B: Logical Reasoning (20 Marks)
- Number Series, Coding & Decoding and odd man out
- Direction Tests
- Seat Arrangement
- Blood Relations
Part C: Statistics (40 Marks)
- Statistical Description of Data
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion.
- Theoretical Distributions
- Correlation and Regressions
- Index Number and Time Series
CA Foundation Syllabus For Paper 4 (Business Economics and Business & Commercial Knowledge)-Detailed Syllabus CA Foundation Paper 1,2,3,4
Part A: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Business Cycles
Part B: Business & Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
- Introduction to Business
- Business Environment
- Business Organizations
- Government Policies for Business Growth
- Organizations Facilitating Business
- Common Business Technologies.