NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the official paper pattern of NEET 2020 shortly. Even though the regulating body has changed, it has been notified unofficially that there will be no change in the paper pattern or syllabus of the medical exam. The examination is scheduled for May 3rd,2020.Important Topics for NEET 2020 ARE LISTED BELOW. Like previous years, the examination will be conducted in offline mode (pen-paper based) comprising 180 questions divided equally among Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The exam will cover both, class 11 and class 12 syllabus of these 3 subjects. The duration of NEET 2020 is 3 hours. Candidates will be awarded +4 marks for every correct answer, while -1 will be deducted for every incorrect answer. The language of the question will be English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Students have to mark their responses on an OMR sheet.
- The paper will have only multiple-choice questions.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- 45 questions are assigned to Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, each.
- Above points are the NEET 2020 Exam Pattern.
NEET Exam Pattern
NEET 2020 Marking Scheme
- Multiple answers will beconsidered as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- Check out the marking scheme given below for a better idea of NEET Marks distribution.
- No marks will be awarded for unanswered questions.
Correct Answer : +4
Incorrect answer : -1
No answer : 0
More than one answer marked : -1
How to Calculate NEET Score?
- For every correct answer, the candidate is awarded 4 marks and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- NEET Score = (Correct answers X 4) – (Incorrect answers X 1)
- Practice these Sample Question Papers for a better understanding of NEET Pattern.
Important Topics for NEET 2020
These 6 topics are Important Topics for NEET in Physics paper. Candidates can expect both, theoretical as well application-based questions from these topics.These are the important topics for NEET.
|Modern Physics||Rigid Body Dynamics||KTG & Thermodynamics|
These topics should be practiced well before appearing for NEET 2019. These are the important topics for NEET.
|Chemical Bonding||Coordination Compounds|
|Carbonyl Compounds||Organic Chemistry- I|
The table given below includes topics from both, Botany and Zoology. These are the important topics for NEET.
|Plant Anatomy||Pollination||DNA Replication||Photosynthesis|
|PAGE Theory||Endocrine System||Excretory and Nervous System||Digestive System|
Language of Question Paper
- The question paper will be available in Hindi and English in all the centers.
- However, if the candidate has chosen a vernacular language, then the center will be allotted accordingly
Here is a list of languages and the centers in which they are available
|English and Hindi||All examination cities|
|English, Hindi and Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|English, Hindi and Bengali||West Bengal|
|English, Hindi and Kannada||Karnataka|
|English, Hindi and Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman, Dadar & Nagar Haveli|
|English, Hindi and Tamil||Tamil Nadu|
|English, Hindi and Marathi||Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi and Assam||Assam|