About IIT-JEE Mains 2020
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance examination conducted for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is constituted by two different examinations – JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. The exams are of the objective pattern. JEE Advanced is regarded internationally as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests.
JEE Main has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates may opt for either or both of them. Both papers contain multiple choice questions. Paper 1 is for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses and is conducted in both online and offline modes. Paper-2 is for admission in B.Arch and B.Planning courses and is conducted offline only.
JEE Main Participating Institutes 2020 – Engineering aspirants can check the list of JEE Mains 2020 participating institutes to know the institutes which will be offering admissions based on their performance in the national level entrance exam. There are 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 23 Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) that are participating in JEE Main 2020. Candidates who will clear JEE Main will be eligible to apply for admission to JEE Main participating institutes 2019. JEE Main 2020 will be held on April 8 for offline mode; the online mode exam will be held on April 15 & 16, 2019. The JEE Main 2020 participating institutes will offer admissions to JEE Main qualifiers provided they meet the specified eligibility criteria of the institutes to which they are applying. A total of 77 institutes (NITs, IIITs and CFTIs) are considered as the participating institutes of JEE Main 2019 for which admission will be held through a common counselling process – JOSAA 2020.
JEE Eligiblity 2020
- Students qualifying or qualified higher secondary exams between 2016 – 2019 are only eligible to appear for JEE MAIN.
- DATE OF BIRTH – Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1988 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- NO. OF ATTEMPTS: Total number of attempts allowed is 3.
- Course Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination B.E/B.TECH Passed 10+2 examinations with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject. B.ARCH./B.PLANNING Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
- Candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12thclass examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12thclass examination.
- Candidates failing to meet the above mentioned criteria shall not permit to apply for JEE- MAIN 2020.
JEE 2020 Important Dates
|Availability of application form||2nd to 30th September, 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||6th December, 2019|
|JEE MAIN 2019 Exam Date||6th to 11th January, 2020|
|Result Declared||31st January, 2020|
JEE Exam Pattern
|Particulars||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Exam mode||Online (Computer based)||Online (Mathematics and Aptitude) and offline (Drawing test)|
|Number of sections and subjects||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)||3 (Drawing, Mathematics and Aptitude)|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes) 60 minutes per section||3 hours (180 minutes); 60 minutes per section|
|Number of questions||75 (20 + 5 questions per section) Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value, with equal weightage to Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||Paper 2: 77 questions (Mathematics: 25 questions, Aptitude: 50 and Drawing: 2)|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||Mathematics and Aptitude: Objective type questions Drawing: Questions to test the candidate’s drawing and sketching skills|
|JEE Main Total Marks||300 marks||400 marks (Drawing section will be of total 100 marks, marking of every question will be given along with it)|
|Language of paper||English, Hindi and Gujarati (Aspirant’s from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati as well)||English, Hindi and Gujarati (Aspirant’s from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli can opt for Gujarati as well)|
The JEE – MAIN paper 1(B.E,B-TECH) Exam duration 3 hours. Each correct answer attracts 4 marks and 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer. For every unanswered question, marks are neither be awarded nor be deducted.