NCERT books train you for both internal and external Examinations. The book is a compilation of 16 Chapters with elaborate explanations for your ease.
All chapters of Class 8 Maths NCERT book are available here for download in PDF format (Free) along with answer keys of the exercises.NCERT books are recommended for CBSE Students.
How to Study NCERT books for Board Exams?
- Simple to understand the basic concepts clearly.
- The tables are easy to memorize the facts.
- The contents are highly reliable.
How to read :
- First time just read the book and understand the concepts
- Before proceeding to the second read, go through the previous year’s question papers to get a glimpse of the questions asked in the topic.
- Now in the second read, highlight the important ones.
- Make notes in the third read
- Make sure you reduce your time each time you read the same topic.
Notes from NCERTs:
- It is recommended to take notes as per the topic in the syllabus. Divide notes only as per the syllabus topics.
- Each subject and topic needs a different note-making style to make it easy to remember.
- Like, many topics in Geography need Mnemonics, most of the history notes need a flow chart with simple factual data in them, etc.
- So maintain notes according to the need.
- Rephrase the notes in such a way that you need not look back to your book again.
- Never study without your syllabus!
- Do not divert or get attracted to unnecessary topics from any books
- Subject experts provide clear information on the subject
- Help to prepare well for exams
- Easy step by step explanation helps to simplify even the most difficult concept
- Gain practice in solving the Class 8 Math problems
NCERT Books Class 8 Maths
NCERT Books Class 8 Maths
Chapter 1 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book:
Chapter 1 is Rational Number, some of the important topics of this chapter are
• Properties of Rational Number such as Closure, Commutativity, Associativity
• Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and division of Rational Numbers
• Negative of a number
• Distributivity of multiplication over addition for Rational Numbers
• Representation of Rational Numbers on the Number Line
• Rational Numbers between two Rational Numbers
Chapter 2 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Linear Equations in One Variable is the second chapter of Class 8 NCERT textbook and important topics of this chapter are given below
• Examples of linear equations in one variable.
• Solving equations which have linear expressions on one side and numbers on the other side
• Some applications of linear equations in one variable.
• Solving equations having the variable on both sides.
• Equations reducible to the linear form
Chapter 3 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
• Polygons and its classification
• Diagonals of a polygon
• Convex and concave polygons
• Regular and irregular polygons
• Angle sum property
• Sum of the measures of the exterior angles of a polygon
• Kinds of Quadrilaterals: Trapezium, Kite, Parallelogram
• Elements of a parallelogram
• Angles & Diagonals of a parallelogram
• Some Special Parallelograms: Rhombus, A rectangle, A square
Chapter 4 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Practical Geometry is the 4th chapter of Class 8 Maths NCERT book and important topics of this chapter are given below:
Constructing a Quadrilateral:
• When two diagonals and three sides are given
• When two adjacent sides and three angles are known
• When three sides and two included angles are given
Chapter 5 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Important topics of Chapter 5 Data Handling are given below
Looking for Information: Pictograph, A bar graph, Double Bar Graph
• Organising Data
• Grouping Data
• Bars with a difference
• Circle Graph or Pie Chart
• Drawing pie charts
• Chance and Probability: Getting a result, Equally likely outcomes, Linking chances to probability, Outcomes as events
• Chance and probability related to real life
Chapter 6 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Chapter 6 of Class 8 Maths NCERT books is Squares and Square Roots. Important topics of this chapter are given below
• Square numbers and its properties
• Properties of Square Numbers
• Pythagorean triplets
• Finding square roots
• Finding square root through prime factorisation
• Square Roots of Decimals
• Estimating Square Root
Chapter 7 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
7th Chapter of Class 8 Maths NCERT book is Cubes and Cube Roots. Important topics of this chapter are given below
• Cubes of numbers
• Some interesting patterns
• Smallest multiple that is a perfect cube
• Cube roots of numbers
Chapter 8 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
8th Chapter of Class 8 Maths NCERT textbooks is Comparing Quantities, important topics of this chapters are given below
• Recalling Ratios and Percentages
• Finding the Increase or Decrease Percent
• Finding Discounts
• Estimation in percentages
• Finding cost price/selling price, profit %/loss%
• Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest
• Rate Compounded Annually or Half Yearly (Semi Annually)
• Applications of Compound Interest Formula
Chapter 9 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Algebraic Expressions and Identities is the 9th Chapter of Class 8 Maths NCERT textbook. Important topics of Class 8 Maths NCERT textbook are given below:
• What are Expressions?
• Terms, Factors and Coefficients
• Monomials, Binomials and Polynomials
• Like and Unlike Terms
• Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
• Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial
• Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial
• Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial
• Standard Identities & Applying Identities
Chapter 10 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Visualising Solid Shapes is the chapter 10 of Class 8 Maths NCERT textbooks. Important topics of this chapter are given below
• Types of 3D-Shapes
• Views of 3D-Shapes
• Mapping Space around Us
• Faces, Edges and Vertices
Chapter 11 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Mensuration is the 11th chapter of Class 8th NCERT textbook. Important topics of this chapter are given below
• Area of Trapezium
• Area of a General Quadrilateral
• Area of special quadrilaterals
• Solid Shapes
• Surface Area of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
• Volume of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
• Volume and Capacity
Chapter 12 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Exponents and Powers is the 12th chapter of Class 8Maths book. Some important topics of this chapter are
• Powers with Negative Exponents
• Laws of Exponents
• Use of Exponents to Express Small Numbers in Standard Form
• Comparing very large and very small numbers
Chapter 13 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Direct and Inverse Proportions is the 13th chapters of NCERT Class 8 Maths textbook. There are two important topics in this chapter and they are Direct Proportion & Inverse Proportion.
Chapter 14 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Factorisation is the 14th chapter of Class 8 Maths NCERT textbook. Important topics of this chapter are
• Factors of natural numbers
• Factors of algebraic expressions
• What is Factorisation?
• Method of common factors
• Factorisation using identities
• Factors of the form ( x + a) ( x + b)
• Division of a monomial by another monomial
• Division of Algebraic Expressions Continued (Polynomial ÷ Polynomial)
Chapter 15 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Chapter 15 of Class 8 Maths NCERT textbook is Introduction to Graphs. Important topics of this chapter are
• A Bar graph
• A Pie graph (or a circle-graph)
• A histogram
• A line graph
• Linear Graphs
• Some applications of graphs
Chapter 16 of NCERT Class 8 Maths book
Playing with Numbers is the 16th chapter of Class 8 Maths NCERT textbook. Important topics of this chapter are
• Numbers in General Form
• Games with Numbers
• Letters for Digits
• Tests of Divisibility