National Eligibility and Entrance Test or NEET is the one examination which would be considered for filling about 54,000 medical seats across the country. As per the Supreme Court’s order in 2016, NEET would be the only examination to fill the All India Quota Seats as well as the State Level Quota seats across the country.
NEET is conducted annually to provide admissions to MBBS and BDS courses in medical and dental institutions across the country.
NEET Qualification for 2022
- Candidates must have passed/appeared for class 12 or an equivalent exam. Candidates appearing for the class 12 exams are also eligible.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English must be the major, mandate subjects.
- Candidates must have obtained the required aggregate marks in the qualifying examinations:
- General category – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations.
- SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations.
- Physically handicapped: General category – 45% marks in the qualifying examinations.
- Physically handicapped: SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations.
NEET Exam Pattern 2022 – Highlights
Refer to the table provided below to know about the NEET 2022 Exam pattern:
|Exam Name||NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Mode of Exam||Pen-paper based|
|Expected number of Applicants||Around 16-17 lakhs|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||Admission of around 1 lakh MBBS and BDS seats under 85% State quota and 15% All India quota|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other Courses|
|Number of Questions||180 questions (MCQs) + 20 Optional Questions|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions with 4 options – 1 correct answer|
|Subjects||Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Questions from sections|
Physics – 45 questions + 5 Optional Questions
Chemistry – 45 questions + 5 Optional Questions
Biology (Botany + Zoology) – 90 questions + 10 Optional Questions
|Language||The question paper is asked in 11 languages – English, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati and Assamese.|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer|
NEET Exam Pattern
The NEET Exam duration 3 hours. Each correct answer attracts 4 marks and 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer. For every unanswered question, marks are neither be awarded nor be deducted.