NCERT Social Science Book Class 8
Social Science is sub-divided into three parts – History, Geography and Civics. The subject of Social Science deals with human beings, their behavior, growth and development, relationships, etc. For students to understand the concepts of Social Science they can refer their NCERT Social Science book for Class 8. The textbook comprises all important topics and concepts as mentioned in NCERT Syllabus of Class 8 Social Science.
Social Science for History, Geography and Civics provide exercise questions to help students practise different types of questions.
NCERT Social Science Book Class 8 Chapter wise download
How to read :
- First time just read the book and understand the concepts
- Before proceeding to the second read, go through the previous year’s question papers to get a glimpse of the questions asked in the topic.
- Now in the second read, highlight the important ones.
- Make notes in the third read
- Make sure you reduce your time each time you read the same topic.
Notes from NCERTs:
- It is recommended to take notes as per the topic in the syllabus. Divide notes only as per the syllabus topics.
- Each subject and topic needs a different note-making style to make it easy to remember.
- Like, many topics in Geography need Mnemonics, most of the history notes need a flow chart with simple factual data in them, etc.
- So maintain notes according to the need.
- Rephrase the notes in such a way that you need not look back to your book again.
- Never study without your syllabus!
- Do not divert or get attracted to unnecessary topics from any books
Along with textbooks, students of Class 8 can also access NCERT books for Class 8 to make the learning process easier.
NCERT BOOKS Related Links
Social Science class 8 | Social Science class 8 | Free Download