NEET 2020 Eligibility
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an entrance examination held by the National Testing Agency(NTA) for students aspiring for undergraduate courses (Medical and Dental) like MBBS and BDS in private and government colleges in our country.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
For General Category – 50% (Physically Handicapped, PH – 45%) and for OBC/SC/ST – 45% (PH – 40%) Note: The marks scored for Math would not be taken into consideration in this exam
Number of Subjects
There will be a total of 5 subjects with Physics, Chemistry, Biology being mandatory.
Number of attempts
There is no such attempt limit in NEET 2020, only age limitation is applicable.
Year of Passing
NEET Eligibility Criteria for State Quota
Candidates should note that around 85% of MBBS/BDS seats will be reserved for NEET states quota counselling. The rest 15% seats will be allotted at the central level for All India Counseling. Hence, candidates have to fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
- Applicants should be a resident of the respective state.
- Applicants should have proper proof of their residency.
- Applicants should have completed (or pursuing) their schooling (12th standard) from the respective state.
Eligibility for All India Quota in NEET
- Applicants have to be a citizen of India.
- The age of the candidate should be at least 18 years.
- The upper age limit for candidates of general category will be 25 years, and for SC/ST candidates there is a relaxation of 5 years.
- For applicants hailing from Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir, they would be only eligible for admission to the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
For further details, it is advisable that aspirants refer to the NEET official website in case of additional clarifications nta neet.nic.in
Stay tuned with Jupiter Education Academy to get the latest notification and news on NEET 2020. Get the NEET Syllabus, NEET Exam Pattern, NEET Exam details, etc.
Question Papers for NEET Exam:
- NEET 2019 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2018 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2017 Question Paper with Answer Keys
- NEET 2016 Question Paper with Answers Keys
- NEET 2015 Question Paper with Answers Keys
For More Details on NEET courses