NTA will implement Social Distancing measures as per Government of India guidelines in the current scenario of COVID-19 to ensure the candidates’ health & safety. Adequate measures are implemented for safety of all without compromising the high standards, sanctity, and fairness in conduct of the examination. Candidates are also required
to adhere to guidelines and new process for Social Distancing and hygiene to ensure safety &health of their own and fellow candidates.
For safety purposes, NTA strongly advises candidates not to bring anything other than permitted items. However, in case of an unavoidable situation, there will be an arrangement to store the bags at centres at owner’s risk.
Preparation at JEE Main exam centre
- Standard Operating Procedures for implementing safety precautions and for maintaining required standard of
hygiene are getting implemented.
- Before each shift starts (and after last shift of the candidate) Seating Area will be thoroughly sanitized – monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and the chair. All door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc will be disinfected. Wheelchairs (if present at the venue) will be disinfected.
- Gap between 2 seats will be maintained as per GOI guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at entry and inside the exam venue at various places for candidates and centre staff to use.
- Barcode readers will be available at the entry point to scan barcode on the admit card. The Lab number will be informed to the candidate at this point.
- Rough sheets will be kept at all desks before start of exam by invigilators wearing gloves to ensure hygiene.
- It is ensured that all the processes are touch free to ensure Social Distancing norms.
- Candidate to reach centre as per the Reporting/Entry time at Centre given in the Admit Card to avoid any crowding at the centre at the time of entry and to maintain social distancing.
- Candidate to check Reporting/ Entry time at Centre given in the Admit Card and to reach centre as per Reporting time only to avoid any crowding at the centre at the time of entry and to maintain social distancing.
- Candidate should fill Admit card as per instructions completely and properly.
- In case of candidate with scribe, both the candidate and the scribe must bring their own mask.
Candidates will be permitted to carry only certain items with them into the venue:
•Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc. Please refer Admit Card for more details)
•A simple transparent Ball Point Pen
•Additional photograph, to be pasted on attendance sheet
•Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
•Personal transparent water bottle
At the time of Entry
- andidates need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other at all the time. Queue manager/ropes and Floor Marks will be arranged outside the centre, follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
- Lab number will not be displayed outside the centre to avoid any crowding at any one place in any situation.
- Candidates will be required to sanitize hands by washing with soap and with Hand Sanitizer before entry in
centre. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre.
- Candidate should bring duly filled in Admit card as per instructions.
- Candidate will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry. In order to stop chances of any UFM being used in the examination, the candidate is expected to wear the freshly provided mask at the centre. The candidate will be required to remove the mask worn by him/ her from home, and use the mask provided at centre only.
- Candidate should bring Identity Proof and other documents ad advised.
- Do not bring prohibited items to exam centre as there are no arrangements available for safe keeping your
- At time of entry, the filled in Undertaking on Admit Card, and body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked and centre staff will guide you to respective labs after scanning bar code at Admit Card. Candidates are required to strictly adhere to instructions provided by centre staff.
- Please observe that no-one will be denied permission to appear for examination, until he/ she violates the covid- 19 directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) applicable on the day of exam and instructions mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Five A4 size sheets will be kept at each candidate’s desk for use by candidate for Rough work. If Additional
sheets are required for rough work by the candidate, the same shall be made available on demand.
- Before each shift starts (and after last shift of the candidate) Seating Area will be thoroughly sanitized – monitor keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and the chair. Candidates can further sanitize the same with sanitizers that will be made available in the examination lab/room/hall.
- Candidates are required to paste passport size photograph and sign on the Attendance sheet after sanitizing
hands with sanitizer
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. Please wait for instructions from invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised.
- Candidate must drop the Admit Card and Rough Sheets in the advised boxes after displaying to the staff
available next to drop box. If any candidate misses to drop Admit Card or Rough Sheets in boxes, action (which also includes disqualification from the exam) can be taken against him.